Pharmacogenomics is the study of how a person's genetic makeup can affect their response to a drug. A pharmacogenomic test analyzes your DNA and provides your healthcare provider with genetic information to help determine how you may be responding to certain medications.
Results may help:
-Reduce medication trial and error
-Save you time and money
-Minimize the risk of side effects
-Make prescribing decisions that are personalized for you Because DNA does not change over time, your healthcare provider can use the test results to make informed decisions on medications personalized to your needs for the course of your health and wellness goals Why should you get a pharmacogenomic test?
- Your medications don't seem to be working well.
- You are on multiple medications that have a combination of side effects affecting your quality of life.
- You are experiencing significant side effects that seem worse than normal affecting your ability to take your medications.
- Know a patient's genetic profile on hundreds of prescriptions
- Prescribe the correct drug and dosage by a patient's DNA
- Protect yourself and prcatice from poor patient drug interactions